Monday, August 25, 2008

Night 1


I am tired.  It has been a long day.  I am not going to try to write much but I will post pictures.  Keep up with the comments so I know people are actually look at this stuff.  I know my writing is poor but I do not have the energy to think too much.  Many of you probably watched tonight so I don't need to say much.  I will post pictures from the Iowa Delegation perspective.
We signed nomination papers for both Obama and Biden.  None of my pictures of Obama's papers turned out.  Below is a picture of Mary Campos holding Biden's papers, and me holding Biden's papers.  The third picture is Iowa delegate Cathrine Crist signing Biden's papers.
The Vermont delegation sits directly in front of us.  Two seats in front of me sat Senator Patrick Leahy.  Different reporters periodically asked him questions.  Governor Richardson stopped by to talk to the Iowa delegates. 
 The picture of Senator Kennedy is one I took of the screen next to us because I could not get a good picture of him on stage.  I did get a fairly good pic of Michelle.  I also took a picture of Ann Curry and Bob Schieffer while they listened to Michelle's speech.

Leaving was tough.  The place was so crowded you couldn't help but push people.  There was a silvered haired man the I bumped into a few times before I turned to get a good look at him.  It was Walter Mondale!  The picture of him is from the convention floor.  I also passed Al Franken on the way out.

Following the convention we went to a party hosted by Union Pacific and toured some old rail cars.  Then we went to a party called Sustainability in the Rockies.  The entertainment was a country music singer.  I don't know if you have ever heard of him but it was... Willie Nelson!

Keep up on the comments.  I will post more in the morning.

1 Comments:

At August 26, 2008 at 5:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting blog. I'll follow it throughout. One thought...how about a photo of yourself sometime? I know you're there but I need "proof". I work with your Dad....
Jim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home