Friday, September 26, 2008

Debate

I am watching the debate.  There are many bloggers out there that live blog.  I am not going to try to do that, but I may post things that I find interesting.  For example, a few moments ago John McCain said that he is the candidate for getting us free from foreign oil and then in the next question said that he opposed ethanol.  Hmmm... If he thinks we can break free from foreign oil without the use of alternative and transition fuels he just doesn't get it.

Now they moved on to Iraq.  John McCain said that what the lesson learned from Iraq is that you can't have a failed strategy that will then nearly cause you to lose a conflict.  DUH.  How can anyone say that this candidate has any substance?

Obama: An American soldier never dies in vain because they are carrying out the orders from the Commander-in-Chief.

Well the debate is over, and I didn't post much.  My overall reaction is that little happened.  John McCain seemed kind of mean and didn't make sense a few times.  Obama showed that he was well informed on foreign policy and clearly stated what his presidency would do.  
Trying to be unbiased as one can be on a blog called Albia Democrat, McCain was forceful on his points and was better prepared than I expected.  McCain had to have been told to never say I agree with Senator Obama.  Even when they agreed McCain tried to attack Obama.  That kind of politics turns me off but it does work. 
We just need to see how the spin works.  That is all that really matters, especially on a Friday night when I am sure few people watched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home